Frontend engineer pre-work
TODO: flesh this out
Front-end engineers have two options:
hhbuilderexercises from the Ad Hoc Team homework problems repo.
Submit a portfolio of your work. Subject to a few conditions:
- At least one of the sites in the portfolio must be online and include non-minified assets (so we can view source and ask questions about it)
- If any work in the portfolio isn't yours and yours alone, you must clearly indicate to us which parts you did yourself.
Bring a code sample from elsewhere to share and discuss. Subject to a few conditions:
- You must have permission to share this code with us (open source is best)
- It should be short, something like 100 - 1,000 lines, and mostly stand-alone (shouldn't have any dependencies that aren't super-common in the language in question).
- Ideally, it should be code we can actually run and play around with.
- Walk me through how this works
- Why did you use
Xhere? What other options did you consider?
- Can you think of other ways to implement this bit?
- Where did you get stuck? How'd you get past it?
- What resources did you use while working on this?
- If you got to do this over again, what would you do differently?